Oakhurst Presbyterian Church
Part-time Building Superintendent
Oakhurst Presbyterian Church (“OPC”) in Decatur, Georgia will employ a person for a part-time position as the Building Superintendent. This position will report to the Senior Pastor, and to the Buildings and Grounds Committee.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees the physical facility to ensure properly operating systems, through input and feedback from personal observation and from various other sources.
- Reviews HVAC systems, elevator, fire & burglar alarm systems, boilers, plumbing, electrical and other systems.
- Reports issues to the appropriate parties and makes recommendations for correcting issues.
- Expedites repairs and improvements either personally or through coordinating and assisting outside vendors.
- Obtains quotes when necessary for repairs and oversees the work of contractors as required.
- Reviews project plans, bid documents, bidding process and contractors.
- Maintains a stock of commonly used plumbing and electrical supplies, and maintains order in the maintenance room with adequate tools, with purchases in compliance with church financial procedures and budgets.
- Manages and supervises the part-time janitor.
- Liaison contact for building issues with the Phoenix School.
- Attends monthly Building and Grounds meetings with activity reports and status updates.
- Works with volunteer church work crews as requested.
- Serves as the first person on the “call list” for alarm responses, and is willing to be at the church during non-business hours to respond to alarms or emergencies.
- Expected to be on-site at the church at least 2 days per week, with one of those days being each Friday in order to prepare the church for Sunday service.
- Basic repair of floor tile, drywall, ceiling tile, windows, etc. including ability to caulk and paint.
- Basic electrical repairs such as switches, ballast, bulb and fuse replacement
- Basic plumbing repairs.
- Basic HVAC maintenance, including programming thermostats and changing filters.
- Familiarity with codes and safety requirements, interpretation of blueprints, diagrams and specifications.
- Ability to use e-mail, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Team player a must.
Pay Rate and Hours:
- Salary will be at a rate commensurate with experience, and based upon an assumption of 20 hours per week, to be recorded on a daily time sheet. Hours needed to complete the work will vary from week to week.
- Interested parties should forward their resumes by February 9, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.